The Practice of Nail Specialty means providing services for a fee or any other consideration to cut, shape or enhance the appearance of the nails of the hands or feet. Nail Specialty also includes the application and removal of sculptured or artificial nails.
Nail Specialist – 250 Hours
MORNING: 25 hours weekly for 10 weeks.
MIDDAY: 15 weeks, 17 hours of 14 weeks plus 12 hours of 1 week.
EVENING: 15 weeks, 17 hours of 14 weeks, plus 12 hours of 1 week.
The expectation for students include being able to:
– Gain knowledge of histology as it applies to manicure and pedicure.
– Develop interpersonal skills and professional ethics that may lead tosuccessful employment.
– Create an awaremess of careers and business opportunities with the beauty infustry.
– Adhere to the sanitary and sterilization regulations as they apply to the nail technician.
– Qualify and prepare students for the State Board examination.
The educational requirements for nail specialists shall include the following subjects and the hours assigned to each:
|Safety and Health||15|
|Anatoy and physiology of the nail||15|
|Bacteria and infectious diseases of the nail||15|
|Methods of infection control||10|
|Manicuring and hand/arm massage||25|
|Tip application and design||15|
|Liquid and powder nail extensions||50|